Schools receive PE and sports premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6. We use the premium to:
- improve the quality of teaching and learning in PE and sport
- increase pupils engagement with physical activity - it is recommended that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school.
- increase the range of PE, sporting activities and experiences provided
- support teachers and teaching assistants professional learning in PE and sport
- improve pupil performance in competitive sport at local level.
As part of the funding criteria we are required to publish details of how we plan to spend money and review the impact on pupil outcomes.
Please click on the links below to view our reports.