Today we will be learning the double digraph blends 'ff, ll and ss'.
- Watch the Phonics with Felix Twinkl video 'ff' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfCiPJoWtcQ
- Watch the Alphablocks Video ff, ll, ss - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-0TUXSakTk
- Encourage your child to practise saying the sounds 'ff, ll and ss' as one (e.g; saying 'f' once rather than saying it twice in a row 'f-f' etc).
- Afterwards, have a go at playing some games on Phonics Play (see details below).
- Go to: https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
- Login using the following; Username: jan21 Password: home
- Go to the top and click 'Resources' and then select 'Phase 2'.
- Scroll down and select the game 'Grab a Giggling Grapheme'.
- Click on '+ h b f ff l ll ss' and play the game.
- Press on the alien which says the matching sound.
- You might also like to have a go at selecting 'Phase 3' on the 'Grab a Giggling Grapheme' game.
- See if you can try '+ y z zz qu' too. Have fun!
Today's lesson is on the Oak Academy website. Once on the site, select Lessons - Schedule - Early Years Foundation Stage Reception - This week 8th February - select Thursday - select lesson 2 Maths - Ordering and exploring numbers within 15 -
Go to the White Rose Maths website - select Home Learning - EYFS - Building 9 and 10 week 1 - select session 2 -Representing and sorting 9 and 10
Chinese New Year
Use your login for Espresso on www.discoveryeducation.co.uk -select Foundation - World - Chinese New Year -
there are a few videos to watch and also lots of things to do in 'Activities' and 'Printable Resources.' If you have misplaced your login, just email us and we can re-send it to you. Perhaps you will choose to make a paper lantern, dragon mask, Chinese fan or money wallet. Have fun! Kung Hei Fat Choy!